[imp] Hi guys - DESPERATE plea for help here...

Nigel Cass N.Cass at Hull.ac.uk
Thu May 1 11:43:53 PDT 2003

Upgraded to the latest RELENG of horde, imp and turba today. Also started
using the custom session handler now provided in the RELENG version.

Intermittently (but often enough to make me look stupid :( ) we are
experiencing DB errors - resulting in horde.log errors like the below....

May 01 08:45:40 HORDE [emergency] [imp] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Link to server lost, unable to reconnect] ** Array [on line 108
of "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]

I'm guessing it's because I've set connection timeout to be 10 seconds in
mysql - Which I believe I set because I was under the impression that this
was good practice as you can never guarantee that the same apache daemon
will perform every operation that a user does anyway.

Please help as I'm stuck - it FEELS like a session problem yet I'm seeing
the problem reported as Prefs/sql.php.

Interesting to note is that the preferences are stored on a remote database
and the sessions are stored on a local database..

HELP ?

Nigel.