[imp] Nothing being written to /tmp/horde.log

Jim Adams jadams at tellme.com
Fri May 2 11:17:06 PDT 2003

Hello All:
I have just completed installing Horde 2.2.3 and IMP 3.2.1.  While both
Horde and IMP (along with Turba 1.2) are all seemingly working fine (logging
in/out, reading and sending mail, looking up contacts from LDAP directory),
the /tmp/horde.log file is still at 0 bytes (it is being created, but
nothing written to it).

I am running this on Red Hat 9 with the following packages:
httpd-2.0.40-21.1
php-4.2.2-17
sendmail-8.12.8-5.90
pear-1.0.1

horde/test.php pages are saying I'm using correct versions of needed
packages.

The permission settings on the /tmp/horde.log are as follows:
drwxrwxrwt   12 root     root         4096 May  2 09:38 /tmp

-rw-r--r--    1 apache   apache          0 May  2 08:59 /tmp/horde.log

I have also verified that logging is enabled:  ** (see bottom if curious)
/etc/php.ini is also set for logging:  *** (ditto)

I've searched the FAQ pages and found no reference to this sort of problem.
I've also searched the archives where I found one recent similar event
mentioned: