[imp] Question: folders will not display

Jimmy Gatt loundry2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 14:54:07 PDT 2003

Hello all, I'm an IMP newbie.  I spent about an hour
researching my problems on the FAQ and archive before I bit
my lip and joined the list.

IMP is on host A, vpopmail is on host B.

Question #1:
------------

On host A, through the IMP interface, I create a folder
"test" underneath "INBOX".  The message tells me
"INBOX.test was created.".  However, the folder "test" does
not appear.

On host B, I see that the folder (directory) ".test/" has
been created in the user's Maildir.

Why won't the folder show up on the IMP interface?

Question #2:
------------

I try and create a new top-level folder named "test".  The
IMP interface tells me, "The folder "test" was not created.
This is what the server said: <i>Invalid mailbox name</i>".

How can I create top-level folders?

Other Info:
-----------

Here's the relevent stuff from servers.php in
horde/imp/config:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'B.domain.com',
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'rhinox.com',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.rhinox.com',
    'realm' => 'rhinox.com',
    'preferred' => ''
);

I put "INBOX." by the 'folders' key per the instructions on
inter7.com's web site.

Regards,
Jimmy