[imp] IMAP and IMP?

James Van Sickle gothbert at spamcop.net
Tue May 6 18:01:34 PDT 2003

Hey

   I am working on setting up Imp on a FreeBSD box.  I have setup my IMAP
settings in the servers.php file.  I have configured Horde to use Imp to
login.  When I try to log into the server, it gives the message "Login failed
for some reason."  In trying to locate the problem I found the following entry
in my messages file:

May  6 15:28:45 belial inetd[79394]: imap/tcp: bind: Address already in use
May  6 15:28:45 belial inetd[79394]: imap4/tcp: bind: Address already in use

   I checked my server's processes, and do not have imap running as its own
process.  I also stopped and started the inetd process, but get the same
message.  I would appreciate any assistance in tryingt to resolve this problem.

-James