[imp] moved older messages getting purged

Ken Winke ken at optimus.com
Wed May 7 09:53:59 PDT 2003

I've noticed this "feature" when moving message within webmail.  It also seems to happen with an IMAP client.  I'm not sure Horde is the culprit...it's probably courier-imap, but I was hoping someone had seen this behavior.

Running courier-imap 1.7.2 with qmail 1.03....I've noticed an odd
issue with how older messages get treated when moving them between
folders.  It seems if I attempt to move messages older than a few
days, the message gets purged immediately from both its source folder
and destination.  In fact, I can watch the message appear in Outlook
list and then disappear as the mailbox gets refreshed.

I've tweaked the date setting in maildir/maildirpurgetmp.c before
configuring to

stat_buf.st_mtime < current_time - nage

as I've read this solves the problem of time-stamps getting updated
when moving between folders.  And my imapd config file in
/usr/local/courier-imap/imapd has IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7,Sent:30.
Also this automatic purging occurs regardless if I move it to the
trash folder or any other folder.

All my maildirs run under the INBOX. header so I'm not attempting to
move messages outside of the user's domain.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and possibly have some
suggestions towards a fix?

Thanks...

..ken