[imp] Hi guys - DESPERATE plea for help here...

Nigel Cass N.Cass at Hull.ac.uk
Wed May 7 11:43:56 PDT 2003

Interesting.

Are you storing sessions on the database server? I presume you must be if
you are running 6 webmail servers....

I have just reintroduced my second webmail server and already I have started
to see the DB errors again as below.

May 07 10:15:11 HORDE [emergency] [imp] DB Error: connect failed:
[nativecode=Link to server lost, unable to reconnect] ** Array [on line 108
of "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]

My setup is just about identical to yours so I'm really pretty stuck now.

My first punt is to disable persistent connections on the webmail server
that needs to access the database remotely. Whilst I can see this may slow
things down somewhat at least I know that the server must always initiate a
connection.

When I originally had the problems I did find that upping connect_timeout
seemed to reduce the problem a little. But that is not my favoured solution
really.

Any more hints/help/advice would be much appreciated.

I will of course post any solutions I find to the list.

Nige.