[imp] performance question

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Thu May 8 23:29:48 PDT 2003

hi all!

my job here (max-planck-institute of biochemistry) is to replace the
current webmail system with horde. we are planning to use imp, turba,
accounts(with vacation and forwarding) and gollem. everything works very
good now (special thanks to all in the lists who helped! ;-) ).
but we have a problem with the performance (what was one reason for the
decision to replace the current webmail system), unfortunatly the old
webmail-system is faster! the reason is: the old system does only login
once and stays logged in untill the users logs out again. afaik from the
/var/log/imap (we are using uw-imap, well we plan to move to cyrus but
this is a "todo project") every mail-related action from horde/imp
results in a authentication and a logout. i understand (or can at least
imagine some arguments) the idea/reason for this, but is there a way to
change this behavior?

thanks in advance for your help!

	markus