[imp] IMP logon/redirection problem

Luigi Iotti luigiiotti at luigiiotti.com
Fri May 9 10:56:53 PDT 2003

Hi to all

After successfully using imp 2.8 and then 3.1 with horde 2.1 for some time on
an old RH  installation, I decided to try a new installation with RH9. I
prepared a new RH9 box and installed horde 2.2.3 and imp 3.2.1 from the RPMS
distributed on the horde ftp  site. I set up the registry.php file to use imp
to handle authentication.
I have this problem: after I log in to http://Server/horde, with almost all
browsers I am put in the horde welcome screen, that is almost empty: I have
only the Options and Logout options. I have no IMP options, as it used to be:
with the old 3.1 version, I was presented the options to compose a new message
or access my INBOX. I also had on the bottom of the screen the icons to access
IMP (and Turba, in my case).
What is most surprising to me is that as I said I experience this behaviour
with 'almost' all browsers: I tried Internet Explorer 5.5 and Netscape
Communicator 4.76 on my Windows 2000 client, and I have the problem. On the
same machine, but using Netscape 6.2.2, the problem disappears and if logon to
http://Server/horde, I am put directly into my imp INBOX. If I use Mozilla
1.2.1 on the Server box, the problem is still there.
I tried to sniff the http traffic with tcpdump (but I am not an html or php
expert) and I found that Netscape 6.2.2 does a POST./horde/imp/redirect.php and
takes me to the imp screen, that IE does not do.

Can someone help me with this issue? Naturally, I can give further information.

Thank you in advance

Luigi