[imp] the NORM of conversion

jkpsj jkpsj at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 22:18:37 PDT 2003

imp-3.2 UW imap-2001.FINAL courier-1.6.2

i know this list is not obliged to answer question about conversion of mailbox to maildir. but i
am hoping that those with past experiences could shed some light. you are free to write personally
to me.

i downloaded a file from another machine, called memos. memos is in mailbox format.
then i created a folder thru IMP called memos.
at this instance my quota usage is 0%

at the su prompt, i did
# umask 077; setuidgid vmail formail -I'From ' -s maildir
/var/qmail/maildirs/domain.com/jkpsj/Maildir/.memos < memos

result:
- 4 messages were SUCCESSFULLY transferred into my folder memos
- i verified this with IMP

problem:
- the quota usage showed 0%

solution:
- remove /var/qmail/maildirs/domain.com/jkpsj/Maildir/maildirsize
- then i did a
# umask 077; setuidgid vmail touch /var/qmail/maildirs/domain.com/jkpsj/Maildir/maildirsize
- and finally i sent myself an email to trigger courier to rebuild its quota (maildirsize file)

on IMP:
- refersh INBOX. quota usage showed 0.13% (which is correct)

PROBLEM:
1. on IMP, i switched to memos folder and selected the msgs on by one to delete them
2. EACH time i performed a delete, the quota usage increases and finally stopped at 0.24% after
the last msg was deleted !!!!!
3. then i Emptied my Trash folder and the quota usage showed 0.13%

QUESTION:
- is my method of conversion the normal/correct way of doing it ?
- how do we explain the quota inconsistencies ?
- or could the problem was brought about by the version of c-client  and/or courier ?
appreciate any comments.

--
jkpsj