[imp] Strange behaviour with imap proxy

Nico Halpern mhalpern at ramapo.edu
Mon May 12 17:50:23 PDT 2003

Hello folks,

I don't know if this has come up on the list recently, but my users have
reported (and I have verified) that deleting a message makes it go away
for good instead of marking it as deleted.

My first guess to try and diagnose this was to point IMP to the real
IMAP server instead of the IMAP proxy, and that seems to have fixed the
problem. I am a bit confused, as the proxy has no IMAP client code.

Has anyone experienced anything like this in the past? I would like to
track this problem down, but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm
using horde-2.2.3, imp-3.2.1 and up-imapproxy-1.1.5 from
ftp://ftp.pitt.edu/users/d/g/dgm

Thanks,

Nico Halpern.

--
Marcelo N. Halpern,  your favorite daemon.
UNIX System Administrator - Ramapo College