[imp] Strange behaviour with imap proxy

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon May 12 11:35:41 PDT 2003

On 12 May 2003, Nico Halpern wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I don't know if this has come up on the list recently, but my users have
> reported (and I have verified) that deleting a message makes it go away
> for good instead of marking it as deleted.
>
> My first guess to try and diagnose this was to point IMP to the real
> IMAP server instead of the IMAP proxy, and that seems to have fixed the
> problem. I am a bit confused, as the proxy has no IMAP client code.
>
> Has anyone experienced anything like this in the past? I would like to
> track this problem down, but I'm not really sure where to start. I'm
> using horde-2.2.3, imp-3.2.1 and up-imapproxy-1.1.5 from
> ftp://ftp.pitt.edu/users/d/g/dgm
>
> Thanks,
>

> Nico Halpern.

Something which we have seen here, which may not be your problem at all,
is that users have clicked on "hide deleted items" in the mailbox view.
So they think that their email has been deleted and their mailbox fills up
until it hits the quota.

Anyways, this doesn't sound like your problem, but it is similar.

	Andy