[imp] Re: Segfaults with IMP

Anders Persson ap at apik.net
Mon May 12 14:50:36 PDT 2003

> Did you check /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and set LimitRequestBody to
> something more reasonable than the default 512K?

I don't have a php.conf; is that something one could add to the httpd.conf?
I think I might have solved the large attachment problem though. I am using
horde vfs with mysql for attachments, and there's a mysql parameter (in
/etc/my.cnf) called max_allowed_packet. The default value for that parameter
was 1M. I upped it to 50M and I can now send large attachments!

>> When I tried to use imapproxy v1.0, attachments didn't seem to work at all.
>
> Should work (I run RH 8.0 with imapproxy and no attachment problems).

Well, after further testing with imapproxy: with large attachments (more
than about 100K), when I press the "Send Message" button there's a long
delay. The message gets sent with the attachment, but no copy is placed in
the "Sent" folder. With small or no attachments, it works normally. Without
imapproxy, there are no problems even with large attachments. I have courier
imap (v1.5 I think, part of the courier v0.42.0 package) at the back end..

> You could always use an RPM instead of building your own apache/php...

I suppose.. I tried to use the Redhat Apache rpm that came with Redhat 8.0,
but some of the mod_perl stuff I'm using didn't work well with the Apache 2
/ mod_perl 2.0 combination, so I admitted defeat and reverted back to Apache
1.3.27..

Cheers,

/Anders