[imp] Re: Segfaults with IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 12 12:53:49 PDT 2003

Quoting "Stacy J. Dunkle" <sdunkle at pennswoods.net>:

> > Did you check /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and set LimitRequestBody to
> > something more reasonable than the default 512K?
>
>  I have a question about that. On RedHat 7.3, there is no php.conf file.

Correct.  The user asking said he was running RedHat 8.0.  RedHat 7.3
comes with apache 1.x which doesn't have an /etc/httpd/conf.d/* structure.
RedHat 8.0 comes with apache 2.x and has a /etc/httpd/conf.d/* structure,
which includes the php.conf *if* you installed the RedHat php RPM.

> There
> is, however, php.ini, but it has no such setting (LimitRequestBody).

Again, correct, as this is an apache file, not a php file.

>  So, is that something you can just add to the php.ini file if it's not
> already there, and you don't have the php.conf file? It's PHP4.3.2RC2, by the
> way.

No, because this is an apache setting, not a php setting.

>  I was having a problem with certain kinds of attachments over half a meg,
> giving "page cannot be displayed" errors upon clicking the "Attach" button.
> Although I'm pretty sure now that the problem was with our internal proxy, it
> still would be nice to know more info about that setting, just in case.

Doesn't apply if you run RH 7.x.  But other settings in your php.ini might.
In fact other settings in your apache httpd.conf may (like timeouts, etc)
but that is a different issue really.

> --
> Stacy J. Dunkle
> Network Engineer,