[imp] identity won't save, address book conversion problem

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Wed May 14 15:06:36 PDT 2003

Hi there.
I have two problems with IMP currently.
Version information:

OS: FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
Horde: 2.2.1
IMP: 3.1
Turba: 1.1
PHP Version: 4.3.1
Database software: PostgreSQL 7.3.2
I'm not sure what PEAR version I have or how to check, though.  Anything
else you need to know, I'll be happy to provide.

History: I did a big ol' upgrade on FreeBSD, Horde, IMP, PHP, Apache,
PostgreSQL a few months back.  Previous IMP version was 2.2.x and previous
pgsql version was 7.0.2.  There were problems.  Really bad problems.  I
overcame most of them except for the PostgreSQL problem, which I didn't
even realize I had until recently...problem being, I upgraded all kinds of
wrong, didn't dump my database, ended up with two versions of pgsql...Oh,
the pain.  I will expand if need be to assist with troubleshooting.

I recently discovered that IMP now uses Turba for databases.  I tried the
convert script:
/usr/local/www/horde/turba/scripts/drivers/pgsql_create.sql
...but that didn't work.  The command "psql -d pgsql_create.sql" didn't
work.  I'd like to convert my old IMP address books if possible.  I have
no idea where that info was stored.

The other issue is that identities cannot be changed or saved.  I go into
the Options -> Personal Information -> Edit your identities.  I select
Default identity from the drop-down menu.  I type in a full name and
e-mail address in the appropriate fields.  I click on "Change" at the
bottom.  It tells me " The identity "Default Identity" has been saved."
with an encouraging thumbs-up.  I click "Compose" at the top from that
same screen.  I send a test message from Default Identity to an off-site
account...and the e-mail shows up in the remote inbox with a blank From
name:

From:  <testing at mydomain.com>

Just like that.
How can I get identities to save?
Heck, it would be nice if it even filled in a default user name...

Any help is appreciated.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.