[imp] identity won't save, address book conversion problem

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Wed May 14 15:42:23 PDT 2003

Mensaje citado por Tenebrae <tene_IMP at niceboots.com>:

| Hi there.
| I have two problems with IMP currently.
| Version information:
|
| OS: FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE
| Horde: 2.2.1
| IMP: 3.1
| Turba: 1.1
| PHP Version: 4.3.1
| Database software: PostgreSQL 7.3.2
| I'm not sure what PEAR version I have or how to check, though.  Anything
| else you need to know, I'll be happy to provide.
|
| History: I did a big ol' upgrade on FreeBSD, Horde, IMP, PHP, Apache,
| PostgreSQL a few months back.  Previous IMP version was 2.2.x and previous
| pgsql version was 7.0.2.  There were problems.  Really bad problems.  I
| overcame most of them except for the PostgreSQL problem, which I didn't
| even realize I had until recently...problem being, I upgraded all kinds of
| wrong, didn't dump my database, ended up with two versions of pgsql...Oh,
| the pain.  I will expand if need be to assist with troubleshooting.
|
| I recently discovered that IMP now uses Turba for databases.  I tried the
| convert script:
| /usr/local/www/horde/turba/scripts/drivers/pgsql_create.sql
| ...but that didn't work.  The command "psql -d pgsql_create.sql" didn't
| work.  I'd like to convert my old IMP address books if possible.  I have
| no idea where that info was stored.

AFAIK that isn't a convert script but a script to create a new database.

| The other issue is that identities cannot be changed or saved.  I go into
| the Options -> Personal Information -> Edit your identities.  I select
| Default identity from the drop-down menu.  I type in a full name and
| e-mail address in the appropriate fields.  I click on "Change" at the
| bottom.  It tells me " The identity "Default Identity" has been saved."
| with an encouraging thumbs-up.  I click "Compose" at the top from that
| same screen.  I send a test message from Default Identity to an off-site
| account...and the e-mail shows up in the remote inbox with a blank From
| name:
|
| From:  <testing at mydomain.com>
|
| Just like that.
| How can I get identities to save?
| Heck, it would be nice if it even filled in a default user name...

I assume you have configured you prefs backend with something like:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'password';
$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

in either horde conf.php o horde.php

hope this helps,

ed