[imp] identity won't save, address book conversion problem

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Wed May 14 18:39:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 eculp at encontacto.net wrote:

Tenebrae typed:
> | $conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'imp_pref';
>
> What is the name of your table?  imp_pref or horde_pref ?
>

> | > in either horde conf.php o horde.php
> |
> | This is from:
> | horde/config/horde.php
>
> It depends on which version of horde/family you are using.

Horde 2.2.1, IMP 3.1

> | That final line there is perhaps a problem?
>
> See above question.

That was the problem.

> Are you seeing any errors in httpd-error.log, your
> horde.log or others when saving prefs?  When you dump your database do
> you see any saved prefs?

I did in fact see errors that imp_pref didn't exist.  I changed it to
horde_prefs and it worked.
There is still the issue that my old address book and identity databases
are hosed, but at least we can move forward now.
I do have a backup of the FILES from my old hosed horde database dir...
I can actually view the contents of the file and see a few lines of
readable data, so I may be able to salvage some of the addresses by hand.

Do you (or anybody else on the list) happen to know if there's an easier
way to salvage the data than vi-ing the file and selecting out readable
lines by hand?  Right now, it's full of ^@^@ characters.
Luckily, I don't have much data to go through if that's what it comes down
to.

Did I mention thank you?
Well, Thank you!  :)
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.