[imp] IMP IMAP Authentication Problem

Thomas O'Brien helpdesk at naprotek.com
Fri May 16 11:00:35 PDT 2003

Brandon,

Let me start by saying that I'm pretty new to this stuff. But, if I understand
you correctly (and other please correct me if I'm wrong)...

To get logging to work try using the Pear Log module between version 1.1 and
1.3. I tested up to 1.5.1 and found that 1.4 broke logging.

I believe your servers.php should look something like this:

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'ssrl.library.ns.ca',
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => 'INBOX.',
     'namespace' => '',
     'maildomain' => '',
     'smtphost' => 'IP or HOSTENAME OF YOUR SMTP SERVER',
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => ''
);

If you hosting multiple domains try logging in using the full e-mail address
(username at domain.com) or enable the vhosts hook in /imp/config/conf.php. If you
enable the hook, the realm field in your server.php *MUST* be empty.

Thomas