[imp] All users Locked due to "Session Expired" problem - Help!

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon May 19 11:05:23 PDT 2003

Quoting "Alex. Huppenthal" <Alex at gwsprings.net>:

| > > This problem now has gone past a annoyance to a system lockout.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions on how to bypass session management all together?
| > > Login via some other method? We're dead in the water!!
| >
| > You don't mention what your session configuration is or which
| > version of Horde/IMP you are using...
| >
| > Are you using file-based or sql-based sessions?  What are the
| > session parameters in your php.ini file?
| >
| > 	Andy
| >

| Thanks for posting. If you see anything at all, let me know. I'm out of
| ideas on things to try.. Suggestions all are welcome. I need to get this
| back up. Here's how the system is setup:

If using HEAD's 'mysql' or 'sql' drivers, or Horde 2.2's 'sql' driver, the
session handler was using persistent connections by default.  This has been
found to cause some strange problems and many session timeout/logout
errors.  These drivers have been converted to use non-persistent
connections by default, so you can try updating your Horde installation to
see if this fixes the problems you have seen.  (This change only affects
sql-based sessions).

michael