[imp] IMP/Horde Customization

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 19 20:54:15 PDT 2003

Quoting "Errol U. Neal" <errol.neal at enhtech.com>:

> Sites like inbox.lv have make huge customizations to Imp and horde that
> allow the application to be used in certain corporate environments where
> Corporate branding is desired and almost required, as in my company. What
> steps are required to do such modifications? Is it a simple task? We don't
> need to modify the functionality of the applications, just brand them with
> our logos, images and etc. Anybody got experience doing this sort of thing
> and would like to pass some insight on to me?

This is discussed in the list archives, and to some extent in the admin faq.
You can put additional branding content on the login page via the motd.php
file, no changes needed to the code.  You can change the Horde icon to your
branding icon by simply changing one line in the horde/config/registry.php
file.  You can change the word Horde to your choice of words by simply
changing the translation in the .po files for each language.  You can add
a custom headers/footers in by modifying the */templates/common-*.php files.
You can change colors by adding a theme (CVS HEAD) or modifying the
*/config/html.php files.  None of this is rocket science.

If you want more info, then please be more specific about what you might
need.  The above will do a pretty good job actually, and requires almost
no source code changes.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics