[imp] Renaming the default mailboxes

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 13:19:01 PDT 2003

Quoting Heikki Ylipaavalniemi <heikki.y at empiria.org>:

>   I'm running Horde 2.2 and IMP 3.1.
>
>   I was wondering what would be the easiest way to rename the default
> mailboxes in IMP (Inbox,

You can't rename Inbox.  It is an IMAP standard.  You could in theory
translate it, but this is not supported or recommended or tested.

>   sent-mail and Trash)?

Change the name in your prefs.php file or in your own preferences via the
options menu, then rename them from the system level, or via the "Folders"
page of IMP if your mail program allows that.

> I can't delete them because the server won't let me.

Would need to know more to help.  Perhaps you misconfigured your servers.php
file, perhaps your mail server won't allow it and it must be done externally
(via command line, etc).

> I asked about from the
>   person who has configured the server and he said that I could change them
> from the Horde source
>   code or something similar.

INBOX shouldn't be changed.  The others can be changed via preferences or
in the imp/config/prefs.php file.

>   So how could I rename the folders to something different?

See above.  But really depends to some extent on your mail server software
and setup.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics