[imp] Renaming the default mailboxes

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 14:35:00 PDT 2003

Quoting Heikki Ylipaavalniemi <heikki.y at empiria.org>:

> I tried to translate them via the imp/config/prefs.php but that didn't have
> any effect on my IMP.

It should have an effect on new users.  For users who already saved the
old value, they will need to change them manually via the preferences
window.

> noticed that the trash folder was written with lowercase in the prefs.php but
> it showed in uppercase
> in my IMP. So could those names come from IMAP also?

Should be all Horde/IMP AFAIK.

> My guess is that my mail server won't allow me to delete the folders so I
> can't just remove them and
> make a new one which would be used as a Trash folder.

Possible, but I can't say without knowing what software you use.  But you
should be able to change it in Horde/IMP, and then create a new folder
with the new name, and just ignore the old one.

> I think I'll just stick with the English ones because my users don't seem to
> complain even though
> the rest of the Horde and its applications are in Finnish. :)

Ah, that explains your request. :)  Well, answer for INBOX still stands.
For the others, you should be able to rename them.  But, if your Finnish
words have any 8-bit or greater characters, that could cause problems for
some mail servers...  So it may not be able to be translated to characters
outside the us-ascii character set, for example.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!