[imp] Administered identities - once more!

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Thu May 22 13:36:48 PDT 2003

On Thu, 22 May 2003, fabricio bianco abreu wrote:

> Eric,
>
> Thank you for your fast response.
>
> Let me make myself clear:
>
> 1. A regular user should have only one identity, and should not be able to
> change "from address", "full name" and "respond to".
>
> 2. The horde administrator should be able to give some (but not all) users a
> second identity (which would represent a department in my organization). These
> users should be able to send mail identified as themselves or representing the
> department. These users should not able to change the second (departamental)
> identity. (We could think of it as the user impersonating the department)
>
> How could it be accomplished?

This is an intriguing idea.
I was thinking how nice it would be for IMP to somehow parse sendmail's
aliases and virtusertable to determine available identities.
I am not a programmer.
I have no idea how to do this.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.