[imp] cyrus-imapd2 cvs and shared Folders

Vittorio Manfredini vittorio at vitsoft.bz
Sat May 24 05:46:19 PDT 2003

I installed a new machine with Suse 8.2

PHP 4.3.1
postfix 2.0.9
cyrus-sasl-2.1.3

and then I download from the cvs the latest cyrus-imapd2.

I was able to compile and install it without any problem.

Now I generate a user vittorio ( I use altnamespace) and then a shared folder
shared/vitsoft

all that using cyradm

The ACL are

user/vittorio
vittorio lrsipcda
cyrus lcda

shared/vitsoft
vittorio lrsipcda
cyrus lcda

Then I try to access, using imap, this folder and I have some strange
behaviour!!

First using Kmail I am able to see a folder named shared in the list, but is not
possible to subscribe on it and there are not subfolder displayed.

Using Mozilla mail the shared folder is not displayed and the same using WebMail
(imp).

What is strange (but great ..) is that all folders are on the same level.

Here is my imapd.conf :

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
servername: host.domain
admins: cyrus
allowanonymouslogin: no
autocreatequota: 10000
reject8bit: no
quotawarn: 90
timeout: 30
poptimeout: 10
defaultacl: cyrus lcda
dracinterval: 0
drachost: localhost
altnamespace: yes
alternatenamespace: yes
userprefix: user
sharedprefix: shared
unixhierarchysep: yes
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
postmaster: postmaster
lmtp_admins: lmtpuser
defaultdomain: domain
unix_group_enable: 0
virtdomains: yes
allowusermoves: yes

What I have to do if I want access the shared folders ??

Or this is some to fix in future release ??

Thanks

vittorio