[imp] Re: IMP Performance in mailbox.php

Johny horde at agotnes.com
Sat May 24 17:24:52 PDT 2003

Chuck,

Actually, no, still looking for one that goes with the stock RH7.3
PHP4.1.2 RPMs as I had so many issues trying to upgrade PHP yesterday..

Not sure how much I'd gain, but I'll try it and see. I did however run
the test.php page up just to check what the status was, and got a
reminder that my PEAR installation was out of date. Quick upgrade and
wee patch of lib/Horde.php later to get logging going I now see the
following improvement;

Total elapsed time - 1.34 (was 1.55) seconds

Split up, all times are elapsed from start of mailbox.php;
To get past all the require_once statements - 0.81 secs (was 0.81)
seconds (now WAY over HALF!)

To get past 'IMP::checkAuthentication();'   - 0.97 (was 1.34) seconds

Marked improvement indeed! (I use IMAP authentication).

Should I expect more from mcrypt? ;) Will let you know once I find an
RPM, or try the upgrade of PHP again...

:)J