[imp] Re: IMP Performance in mailbox.php

Crispin Olson colson at rdemail.com
Sat May 24 20:59:21 PDT 2003

Try Brent Nordquist's RPM's at http://ftp.horde.org/pub/RPMS/i386/rh7/

> Not sure how much I'd gain, but I'll try it and see. I did however run
> the test.php page up just to check what the status was, and got a
> reminder that my PEAR installation was out of date. Quick upgrade and
> wee patch of lib/Horde.php later to get logging going I now see the
> following improvement;

You *will* see a vast improvement in the authentication time. Secret.php
in the 3.2.1 release is a known processor hog - there is a fix in the
RELENG branch, but the easiest way is to install the libmcrypt, and the
php-mcrypt RPM's. You will also need to install the PHP 4.2.2 rpm's from
the site as well - they already come with the right PEAR.

Crispin Olson