[imp] Problem: Virtual Server Setup: one Server, multiple domains.

Nate nmollring at cennecs.org
Wed May 28 10:56:21 PDT 2003

Quoting Dave Breiland <superdave at dynamicis.com>:

> This is what I currently do for my users.  I setup forwarders for
> webmail.clientdomain.com to all forward to a single imp.hostingdomain.com
> website.  I originally setup multiple IMP installs for each domain, but
> that was obviously a nightmare.  Users transitioned to this with no
> complaints whatsoever.  I then did as Any suggested.  They simply select
> the domain when logging in.
>
> It seems like it would be awesome if IMP could see the address the user
> was coming from and then automatically change the settings to that.  I
> wouldn't be surprised if this was already being worked on.

It can't see where it came from, but it can see where it's at now.  My
situation:
I have multiple virtual domains.  domain1.com/horde, domain2.com/horde,
domain3.org/horde all go to the same install of horde.  However, horde
can 'see' what virtual domain you are using and log-in using the correct info
in servers.php using 'preferred'.  This works in CVS as well as the latest
release.  This would however, take some changes in how your servers are setup.
Nate