[imp] attachments > 9 MB need memory_limit = 200M ??!

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed May 28 13:44:22 PDT 2003

hi all,

i am using the cvs snapshot 2003-05-28 of horde/imp/[...] with apache 1.3.27 and
php 4.3.1

in php.ini i have:

  max_execution_time = 120
  max_input_time = 240
  memory_limit = 100M

if i attach a file until (about) 9 mbytes i can send emails without any
problems, but as of 10 mbytes the attachments have the size zero (likely a
similar error than reported by others)

but if i change the settings in php.ini to

  memory_limit = 200M

i can send (at least) attachments with 15 mbyte! (unfortunately several users in
our network do send files of that size regularily!)

does anyone know why the memory usage does "explode" that much? how much do i
need then for 25 mbyte (thats the limit of our mailserver, its horrible but the
users demand this and we have to provide this!)? is there a "formular"?

thanks in advance for your help!

   markus krause

Markus Krause                           email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry    phone: +49-89-8578-2825
Computing Center

This mail sent through the new webmail system
at https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
Please report any problems to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de