[imp] Problem: Virtual Server Setup: one Server, multiple domains (Nate)

nmollring at cennecs.org nmollring at cennecs.org
Thu May 29 06:10:19 PDT 2003

Quoting Lutz Mischa Heitmüller <lmh at syscologne.de>:

> Hi Nate,
>
> I am very interested in how you set this up. Could you
> explain further on how and where you set this up?
>
> In servers.php?
>
> I would be very grateful if you could make some examples.

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'Domain1',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'Mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'domain1.com',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.domain1.com',
    'realm' => 'domain1.com',
    'preferred' => 'domain1.com'
);
$servers['imap2'] = array(
    'name' => 'Domain2',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'Mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'domain2.com',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.domain2.com',
    'realm' => 'domain2.com',
    'preferred' => 'domain2.com'
);

In conf.php change it to don't show servers.
$conf['server']['server_list'] = 'none';
$conf['server']['change_server'] = false;
$conf['server']['change_port'] = false;
$conf['server']['change_protocol'] = false;

Now, when you go to the login screen, IMP will select the correct information in
servers.php based on what domain you are at--matching that with 'preferred'.
Nate