[imp] Can’t login: “Your Mail session has expired. Please login again.” (CVS)

Sander Dalemans sander at gamerszone.nl
Thu May 29 06:48:28 PDT 2003

Hi,

Yesterday I downloaded the HEAD version of Horde and IMP from CVS, just before
posting this message I updated it again from CVS but the following still don’t
work. Horde is working correctly, but I can’t login on IMP. After logging in I
get directly the following message: “Your Mail session has expired. Please
login again.” and then I’m also logged out of Horde. As you can see below IMP
is logging successfully in to the IMAP server.

May 29 15:07:06 charlie imapd: LOGIN, user=---- at --------.nl, ip=[::ffff:---.---
.---.---]
May 29 15:07:06 charlie imapd: LOGOUT, user=---- at --------.nl, ip=[::ffff:---.---
.---.---], headers=0, body=0

And this from the horde.log (with debug logging on):

May 29 15:06:54 HORDE [info] [horde] Login success for admin [---.---.---.---]
to Horde [on line 80 of "/opt/www/horde.--------.nl/HTML/cvs/horde/login.php"]
May 29 15:07:06 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for admin [---.---.---.---]
to {mail.--------:143} [on line 108 of "/opt/www/horde.--------
.nl/HTML/cvs/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
May 29 15:07:07 HORDE [info] [imp] Session timeout for client [---.---.---.---]
[on line 83 of "/opt/www/horde.--------.nl/HTML/cvs/horde/imp/login.php"]

At this newsgroup and Google I found that there are some problems with cookies
and some browsers so I tested it with Mozilla and IE. Both give me the same
error. The Cookie Manager in Mozilla tells me that there are 3 cookies for the
site horde.--------.nl (imp_key, auth_key and Horde). All with a different
session id (like “ad2de8327d06488c60de2e40b17999d3”), Domain: .horde.--------
.nl, Path: /cvs/horde Server Secure: no, Expires: at end of session.

Some information about the server:
  Slackware 8.1
  Horde: 3.0-cvs
  IMP: 4.0-cvs
  PHP: 4.3.2RC4
  Apache: 1.3.27

If you need some more information or if I forgot something, please ask.
(Maybe my English isn’t so good, sorry for that :))

With kind regards,

Sander Dalemans