[imp] Disk quota issue

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 6 16:34:11 PDT 2003

> Scrive "Grigorios G. Papazoglou" <grp at med.uoc.gr>:
>
> > Hello. I currently run IMP 3.1, and have an issue I would like to

On what OS?

> > illustrate. The problem is that, whereas I use UW-IMAP (which I think has
> > no quota support

Correct.

> I have disk quotas enabled in my /home filesystem. IMP
> > stores sent mail and trash in ~/mail/sent-mail and ~/mail/trash
> > respectively. The problem is that, when the quota limit is reached,
> > obviously the user cannot either have more messages stored in sent-mail, or
> > not even delete messages from sent-mail

I think newer versions of IMP check for this and allow you to delete+expunge
when you are over quota, rather than move to trash... But don't quote me on
that, as it may only be in CVS still...

> > there a way to let them know in IMP that their quota is about to be
> reached?

Depends on your OS.  See https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/wu-imap-quotas/
for some RedHat solutions, that may or may not work elsewhere, etc.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!