[imp] Help with attachments

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 8 18:10:48 PDT 2003

Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> In my case, which was reported here several gtimes over the last few
> weeks (IMP HEAD as of about two weeks ago, PHP 4.3.0, Red Hat 7.3), the
> attachments are visible in the upload directory until they are
> completely uploaded, at which time they disappear.

If you are going to repost, then repost all the facts each time.  While
in the past I've often had time to track down user's past postings, I don't
now have that kind of time, and I shouldn't have to work that hard to
help people out.

If you are using a CVS HEAD not updated for several weeks, the common
advice is to update to current and try again.  Make sure you update both
IMP and Horde.

> At send time, we see:
>
> [Sun Jun  8 16:44:20 2003] [error] PHP Notice:  Object to string
> conversion in /var/www/html/horde-20030527/horde/lib/MIME/Part.php on
> line 1062

Basically it is saying, as far as I can see, that getContents() is returning
an object instead of a string.  You might try debugging by checking
what is returned by getContent() (log it, or dump it to output, or whatever).
Maybe if we know what is being returned, we *might* be able to guess why.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!