[imp] Help with attachments

Douglas Furlong imp-list at dark-hill.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 01:57:01 PDT 2003

Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> z33k666 at icqmail.com wrote:
>
> >Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> >>I wasted several days doing this last time on Jan Schneider's say-so.
> >>On comletion, nothing else had changed.
> >>
> >>Should I update every day just in case the phase of the moon has done
> >>something to it?
> >>
> >>Seriously, what's the point?

> >>returning

> >>whatever).

> >>You're speaking pig latin to me.  I have no idea how to "check what is
> >>returned" or "dump it to output" -- does one need to be a programmer to
> >>use this software?
> >>

> >Roger,
> >
> >Step Off.  Eric is the man when it comes to help.  Do you have ANY idea what
> >CVS/HEAD is?  Obviously not.
> >

> Yes, I know exactly what it is.
>
> I also know -- as I've said before -- that I would not have implemented
> CVS HEAD had I known there were no schedule in place for moving it
> toward a release, nor any specific content plans for that release.  I
> set it up only because we had users who required group aliases in their
> address book.

If you know exactly what it is then your comment "does one need to be a
programmer to use this software?" would not have been asked as the simple
answer is... "Well duh, it's a development release that is not fully functional
and is not stable, if it works great, if not be prepaired to put up with pain."

We are lucky enough to have an almost fully functional system in this CVS
release, as I have witnessed on many other projects. But any one who uses it
should know that it has no garentee's what so ever.

Come on man, it's in development. If your users HAD to have that feature, then
there are two options, Pay for a solution that does have the feature, or pay
for a developer to work on a free solution that does not have it yet.

Either way, don't bust the balls of these good folks who are (from what I can
see) doing a damn fine job of both development AND support.

> > I found Eric's reply to be very straight forward
> >and clear.
> >

> Well, tha'ts probably because you are a PHP programmer.  I am not, so
> have no idea how one "dumps it to output".

I am not a PHP coder, and it made some sense to me, that is not to say I could
do what he is asking, but I would have a go and see what happened.

The normal way of checking to see how it works, is to have a look, and try
adding lines that echo a variable to the screen, this should not be impossible
to acheive, however for you and I would require a lot of trial and error.