[imp] Help with attachments

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 12:46:39 PDT 2003

Quoting "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk at queernet.org>:

> > I'm not sure what a 12 to 24 hour schedule buys you.
> > Certainly not enough time to catch most bugs (though it might
> > catch simple typos, changes you later revert, etc).
>
> With automated smoke tests, it adds a lot.

Can you provide an example of what an automated smoke test is that
would add value to the Horde snapshots?

> > Nope.  It isn't part of the source until it is commited.
> > When it was typed isn't relevent.  Only when it was commited
> > is relevent.
>
> Well, that's one definition.  :)

Sure...  I'm sure there are thousands of definitions of opensource and
opensource developmenrt out there.  And BTW I apologize for mixing those
and saying "opensource" when I meant "opensource development" in my previous
emails.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics