[imp] Lowercase "INBOX" in the menu

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 9 14:59:03 PDT 2003

Quoting Veronique Marchand <veronique at talafone.com>:

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there was a way to display the INBOX folder as simply
> "Inbox" (just the first letter capitalized)?

You might be able to, but it isn't recommended.  If I were to try, I would
edit the appropriate imp/po/ files to change it, as described in the faq
at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/

Not sure if that will work for this case, as INBOX is a special case (see
below).  But it should work...

> I changed some settings in the
> prefs.php, and in the table header it does show as "Inbox", but in the IMP
> Menu and the folder list (and dropdown list) it still shows as "INBOX".

As it should at least in the folder lists.  INBOX is a reserverd IMAP string
that refers to your inbox.  That way, no matter what your actual inbox is
on your storage system (file with any name, sql database, etc) you can always
reference it with the string "INBOX" and get your mail.  This is why IMAP is
so portable.

> My
> boss requested me to change it, and I looked around in the options and on
> google but I haven't found a way to change it.

You should look up in the IMAP specs why this is reserved, and once you
understand that explain to your boss why it is that way and why you shouldn't
change it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics