[imp] Lowercase "INBOX" in the menu

Veronique Marchand veronique at talafone.com
Tue Jun 10 07:08:59 PDT 2003

> Quoting Veronique Marchand <veronique at talafone.com>:
>
> > Hello,
> > I was wondering if there was a way to display the INBOX folder as simply
> > "Inbox" (just the first letter capitalized)?
>
> You might be able to, but it isn't recommended.  If I were to try, I would
> edit the appropriate imp/po/ files to change it, as described in the faq
> at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/

Ah, ok thanks... I assume you mean the part about the translations.

> Not sure if that will work for this case, as INBOX is a special case (see
> below).  But it should work...

Well I edited the "imp.po" file and changed "INBOX" to "Inbox", and I
recompiled it using Make Install. Is that all I should have to do? Because
it didn't seem to have worked... I logged out just in case, but there were
still no changes. Did I miss something? :)
Do I have to create a pack for English (US) or something, even though it
seems to be the default language?

> As it should at least in the folder lists.  INBOX is a reserverd IMAP
string
> that refers to your inbox.  That way, no matter what your actual inbox is
> on your storage system (file with any name, sql database, etc) you can
always
> reference it with the string "INBOX" and get your mail.  This is why IMAP
is
> so portable.
>
> > My
> > boss requested me to change it, and I looked around in the options and
on
> > google but I haven't found a way to change it.
>
> You should look up in the IMAP specs why this is reserved, and once you
> understand that explain to your boss why it is that way and why you
shouldn't
> change it.

Yes, I understand it's a reserved IMAP string. I thought it could still be
somehow displayed otherwise in the interface. After all, it does show a
different string according to the language version. Just not in English...
Thanks for your help,

VM