[imp] Missing folders in IMP -- *not* the problem from the FAQs

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue Jun 10 00:34:21 PDT 2003

I've often wondered about this, and the distinction is a bit fuzzy for
me - I know they have to do with where e-mail is stored in the MDA, but
exactly how and what their influence is is what I'm fuzzy about.

Can someone clarify the difference between the "folders" and "namespace"
parameters?

I.e.: examples of a case when one is set, the other is set and both are
set would be very illustrative.

Of course I'll still be fuzzy after the explanation since I badly need a
haircut   :)

Thanks!

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 01:34, Andy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> did you try this:
>     'folders' => '',
>     'namespace' => 'INBOX.',
>
> instead of this:
>
>     'folders' => 'INBOX.',
>     'namespace' => '',

* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *