[imp] Horde Version for IMP (latest)

lst_hoe at kwsoft.de lst_hoe at kwsoft.de
Tue Jun 10 03:28:19 PDT 2003

Zitat von Jorge Izquierdo <jizquierdo at sgi.es>:

> Thank you very much!!! One question about your recommendation, is it
> neccesary
> Mycrypt Support on PHP in this versions? What is this for? How does it
> improve
> the performance? I have IMP 3.1 and kronolith 1.0 with horde 2.1 and PHP with
> no
> mycrypt support and it seems to work fine.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Jorge

The baseline (as i understand it) is as follow :
Earlier versions use the (weaker) crypt functions from Pear. As these go away in
the newer releases the PHP crypt functions are used which are terrible slow if
your PHP don´t use mcrypt. On my machine PHP without mcrypt was 2.5 times slower
with lot more CPU load. With mcrypt support IMP 3.2.1 is as fast as IMP 3.1.
The crypt functions are used to store/retrieve the session data so nearly every
page load uses it.

Regards

Andreas