[imp] Lowercase "INBOX" in the menu

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 10 10:44:25 PDT 2003

Quoting Veronique Marchand <veronique at talafone.com>:

> Ok, I have created the en_US language packs and compiled them (both in the
> horde and imp directories), and I have also restarted Apache and my browser,
> but I still see no changes. :(

That's a bummer.  I wouldn't expect it to change everywhere (not in folder
listings for example) but I would expect it to change in some at least
(e.g. the menu system).

If you say where exactly you want it changed that it isn't changed, and
what version you are using, I'll try to see what the issue is.

> As for editing the source code, I'm somewhat proficient in PHP (I made a few
> modifications of my own to IMP), so would it really be such a bad idea?

Yes, unless:

* You never plan to upgrade it
* You really know what you are doing

You see, the folder INBOX is a constant string, and used as such
everywhere.  So you would have to make sure not to change that.  But
you would have to find all the other references, and change those to
your needs.  And hope that those to cases don't collide.  And doing so
will be difficult due to the large number of times the string INBOX
appears in the code.

If you do change the code, then you are risking support from us, and
potentially breaking any upgrades you do in the future.  Maybe not what
you want to do.

> admit not being too sure where too look though but I think I could figure it
> out...

You'd be surprised how many times that string appears.  Might be harder
to isolate it then you think.

> I'd still rather ask for advice here first though.

Good idea :)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics