[imp] Lowercase "INBOX" in the menu

Veronique Marchand veronique at talafone.com
Tue Jun 10 10:16:33 PDT 2003

Ok, I have created the en_US language packs and compiled them (both in the
horde and imp directories), and I have also restarted Apache and my browser,
but I still see no changes. :(
Damn.
As for editing the source code, I'm somewhat proficient in PHP (I made a few
modifications of my own to IMP), so would it really be such a bad idea? I
admit not being too sure where too look though but I think I could figure it
out... I'd still rather ask for advice here first though.
Thanks again,
VM

> Quoting Veronique Marchand <veronique at talafone.com>:
>
> > > You might be able to, but it isn't recommended.  If I were to try, I
would
> > > edit the appropriate imp/po/ files to change it, as described in the
faq
> > > at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/
> >
> > Ah, ok thanks... I assume you mean the part about the translations.
>
> Yes.
>
> > > Not sure if that will work for this case, as INBOX is a special case
(see
> > > below).  But it should work...
> >
> > Well I edited the "imp.po" file and changed "INBOX" to "Inbox", and I
> > recompiled it using Make Install. Is that all I should have to do?
>
> In some cases you will need to restart your web browser and your web
> server.  The browser because it caches things, and some (but not all)
> web servers won't pick up gettext changes unless you restart them
> (probably best to stop and start it, rather than a restart, if possible).
>
> > Because
> > it didn't seem to have worked... I logged out just in case, but there
were
> > still no changes. Did I miss something? :)
>
> Maybe.  Try restarting the web server.  And does it not work anywhere, or
> some places but not others, etc?
>
> > Do I have to create a pack for English (US) or something, even though it
> > seems to be the default language?
>
> Yes.  If you want to change the English US translations, which are the
> default, you will need to create a en_US file (or edit the source code,
> which is a really really bad idea).
>
> > > You should look up in the IMAP specs why this is reserved, and once
you
> > > understand that explain to your boss why it is that way and why you
> > shouldn't
> > > change it.
> >
> > Yes, I understand it's a reserved IMAP string. I thought it could still
be
> > somehow displayed otherwise in the interface.
>
> You probably should be able to change it anywhere except the folder
listings.

> > After all, it does show a
> > different string according to the language version. Just not in
English...