[imp] A couple of gotchas with the latest Horde/IMP

chris albert christopher.albert at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 12 06:04:21 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've setup several webmail installations with horde/imp before, and have
recently tried again using the latest sources. Here's some stuff that might go in the troubleshooting
part of the faq.

Using horde-2.2.3, imp-3.2.1,php-4.2.2-0horde3 all rebuilt from the
SRPMs at http://ftp.horde.org/pub/SRPMS/rh9/,
on my redhat 9 box, I found a couple of problems.

1. horde/test.php claims the pear version is not the latest. This causes
a bug in that the latest pear version of Log.php makes it impossible to
write to a horde log file.
You need to get the pear version from the horde site
http://ftp.horde.org/pub/pear/ to get this to work (I tried manually
using Log-1.1/1.3/1.6.php in the /usr/share/pear dir where the php_horde
rpm installs the pear distribution but none worked).

Since the php_horde rpm installs the broken pear you need to move that
somewhere and untar the http://ftp.horde.org/pub/pear/pear-1.1.tar.gz in
/usr/share and then the Log.php bug goes away.

2.  Set up Horde to use IMP to login to am imap server. Log in and get a
Horde::MySummary page "Welcome,USERNAME" page that is otherwise blank
except for a  logout button to the right and horde and logout buttons at
the bottom.
It is necessary to use the back browser button to get to the Mail::INBOX
page, which is confusing for users.

This behaviour is duplicated on a solaris 8 box with a hand install .

The fix is to set 'initial_page' => 'imp/' in horde/config/registry.php

Chris