[imp] attachement bigger than 12MB

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:18:47 PDT 2003

Quoting tfischer at abh.de:

> My problem now is that i can send Attachments with a size to 12MB without
> problems, but every thing bigger does not work. I can see the Attachment
> after i attached it in the Attachemnt-List of the Mail but when i hit on
> the send button, the attachemnt is lost. For the sender it looks that the
> Mail was send
> correctly with the attachemnt.
>
> Another difference to the old machin is that i now use smtp for sending the
> mail to the mailserver.

Can you summarize your php settings for file uploads, memory limits,
post size limits, and execution time?  Also, can you try sending a large
attachment via the same smtp with another mail client and see if that
works or fails?

You have no given us enough info really to help.  The problem is probably
in either your php or your smtp, but could even be elsewhere really.  The
more info you give the easier it will be to find an answer without making
bad guesses.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics