[imp] vCalendar detection

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 16 11:29:38 PDT 2003

Quoting Joe Wilson <joe.wilson at mindcandy.org>:

> I noticed that when a vCalendar request comes through that IMP initially
> lists it as an attachment and does not "recognize" it as a vCalendar
> request until the attachment is clicked on.  Is there any reason that this
> isn't a bit more integrated such that the message body is written to
> contain the meeting request info and accept/reject/maybe links are
> automatically displayed? Obviously, all of this would only make sense if
> IMP first detects that kronolith is installed.

It's not a detection issue; it's that we don't display attachments that are
marked as attachment, as opposed to inline, inline. I can see making a UI
exception for things like invitations, though, where the point of the
message is the meeting request. Someone needs to implement it, though.

> I would also think that the ability to send a return message to the
> sender with a note as to whether the invitee accepted or rejected the
> invite would be desirable.

This is already there. I can't really give you much more of a response,
since you didn't say what version of anything you're using.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.