[imp] Configuring IMP for non local poppassd?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 14:52:09 PDT 2003

Quoting David <david at jetrentals.co.nz>:

Sorry about the last message...

> I have just separated IMP and the mail server onto separate boxes and I

What version?

> can't see how to configure IMP to look for the poppassd daemon on a
> server other than the local host.

IMP doesn't use a poppassd server in any recent versions.  So maybe you
have the passwd module installed?  If so, edit horde/passwd/config/backends.php
(for a recent passwd module at least, again, versions???)  and
set the params array specify the host/port, something like:

$backends['poppassd'] = array(
    'name' => 'Example',
    'preferred' => '',
    'password policy' => array(),
    'driver' => 'poppassd',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'my.poppassdhost.example.com',
        'port' => 106
    )
);

> Could someone point me in the right
> direction please.

Not so easily without any real module and version information.
Maybe you are running an acient IMP 2.2 with the old poppassd support
included?  Or a new version with the passwd module?  The help is totally
different for those, and if you don't specify which you have we can only
guess at answers...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics