[imp] empty inbox page after login

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Tue Jun 17 06:28:18 PDT 2003

Chuck, et al --

It seems that I'm not the only one who has asked this, though I was
searching with different terms.  I've already gone back to my host's
support team to demand IMAP, with the help of Q8 on the admin FAQ.
But...

...and then Chuck Hagenbuch said...
%
% Quoting David T-G <davidtg-horde at justpickone.org>:
%
% > When I first connected, I got numerous errors from unquoted constants in
% > the config arrays; I "corrected" those, but don't know that that is
% > necessarily a Good Thing.  However, the errors went away :-)
%
% See below.
%
% > Where do I go from here?  Having read the "do not post test.php output"
% > warning, I'm not until I'm told :-)
%
% Right... but did you *read* what test.php tells you about the imap
% extension?

But it didn't say anything!  When I click on 'run IMP tests' I get

                                             IMP: System Capabilities Test

  IMP Version

       * IMP: 3.2.1

  PHP Version

       * View phpinfo() screen
       * PHP Version: 4.3.2
       * PHP Major Version: 4.3
       * PHP Minor Version: 2
       * PHP Version Classification: release
       * You are running a supported version of PHP.

  PHP IMAP Support Test

       Server ____________________
     Protocol ____________________ (e.g. "imap" or "imap/notls")
         Port ____________________ (defaults to "143")
         User ____________________
     Password ____________________
              Submit Reset

     Valid XHTML 1.0!

Nothin' about IMAP on there, and so while I know that I want IMAP access
I don't know from this that it has to be built into PHP...

%
% -chuck

Thanks & HAND

:-D