[imp] PHP documents showing PHP code (was: Help)

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Tue Jun 17 07:17:02 PDT 2003

> This is Vishvesh Petkar, from India.
>
> I have one problem regarding PHP. I am unable to see proper web page when I
> tries to access  http://<my_webserver>/horde/login.php3, instead it is
> showing the PHP codes. Kindly help me solve this problem.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Vishvesh.

Greetings to Vishvesh of India, from Scott of the United States! :-)

Your problem is easily solved.

You need a line like this in your httpd.conf file:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .php

This is to tell Apache that the PHP interpreter needs to run on pages with
this file extension. Restart Apache HTTPD after making this change.

Reference: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype

Good luck! Let us know if this doesn't solve the problem.

Scott