Fwd: Re: [imp] Problems with IMP and login into it.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 17 12:04:22 PDT 2003

> not so clearly. for example horde/test.php is saying:
> ---
> Ctype Support: Yes
> DOM XML Support: No
> FTP Support: No
> Gettext Support: Yes
> Iconv Support: No
> IMAP Support: No
> LDAP Support: No
> Mbstring Support: No
> ---
> as you see there is many red No (words), but not all of this extensions are
> required.

Correct.  IMAP support is not required for Horde.

> Because
> i know what from php you can interact with pop3 with sockets, i decided what
> if i want to
> use imp only for pop3, i'm not required IMAP support.

By that logic, you wouldn't need the IMAP support for IMAP either, since you
can intereact from imap with sockets from php also.  But that is another
issue.

> ok, let's look that is saying horde/imp/test.php
> ---
> IMAP Support: No
> IMP requires the imap module to interact with the mail server.
> ---
> as i understood, this sentence is saying what IMAP support is needed to
> interact with IMAP server!

That isn't what it says.  But I put a more clear test in the current
CVS tree (or at least I hope it is more clear).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!