[imp] Re: Sendmail trouble in colombia

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 17 12:51:44 PDT 2003

Quoting Tuyo Isaza <tboard at hotmail.com>:

> I tried that, but im using a dinamic IP behind a cablemodem provider and they
> have closed incoming ports 25  and 80 in my conection. So i changed the
> ports.

Can you bind the correct ports on localhost, and the other ports on
the external interface?  If not, read on...

> When i try to use the SMTP horde/imp defaults to 25. Havent been able to
> change that.

Try editing horde/config/horde.php (or conf.php depending on version) to
say:

$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'smtp.example.com'
                                  'port' => '1234');

where '1234' would be whatever port your smtp server is on...

> <No idea. :(  Try the above debugging link, and report back what you find
> <out.
> About this:
>
> "$default->path_to_sendmail in horde/imp/config/defaults.php3" this I couldnt
> find or check so I dont know if it is right.

You need to ignore the IMP 2.x stuff (which the above is) which is prefixed
with something like [IMP 2.x] in the faq.  Only do the [IMP 3.x] stuff.

> "echo testing | /usr/sbin/sendmail webmaster at incolombia.com" spits back no
> error bout no e-mail get to the mail.

Then your sendmail isn't working locally.  This is a sendmail configuration
issue.  Switching to SMTP may get around the problem, but it won't fix the
underlying sendmail issue.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics