[imp] Giving up on IMP

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 17 15:39:53 PDT 2003

Quoting Marek <marek at foundmoney.com>:

> Well, I tried installing IMP 3.2.1 and 3.2 both with Horde 2.2 and the latest
> one, I must be stupid or something becouse I just can't get this thing to
> work.

If you want to get it working, please keep posting your problems and I'll
keep helping.

> BTW with horde.php, should it contain the
> ['auth']['params']['phptype'](Correct one) instead of
> ['prefs']['params']['phptype']

No, it should define both, not one or the other.  If you re-read my message
I think that is what I say, or at least imply.  You need to define both,
one for preferences, one for authentication.  They can be in the same database
or in separate ones, so you need to tell Horde where they are.

> and in imp/config/servers.php  is missing the
> ?> tag at the end of the file...

It is "missing" it on purpose.  It isn't required, and it was finally
decided that including them was causing more problems than not including
them (for example, empty lines following the ?> tag would break things)
so they have been removed.  The person who posted about this was unaware
that these were removed on purpose, and are not needed.

> Anyhow if anyone is willing to help me with this that would be greatly
> appriciated, if not, I'll try using something else.

I will help, but you need to ask for help, and tell us what your problem is
since the last time we tried to help.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics