[imp] Language and logging

Son Truong svt at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 02:11:12 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am using Horde 2.2.1 with IMP 3.2.1 and I am still having problems with
character translations for the horde.log file.

If I log in using (for example) Greek as my language, the log file will show:
Éïýí 19 09:58:51 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for ...

This happens for Russian KOI8-R also, but I assume it doesn't work/work
for other languages (I haven't fully tested as I am stuck in the middle of
June). [For Russian KOI8-R: éÀÎ 19 09:53:36 HORDE ... ]

Is this still a bug, or do I need to turn on 'log in ASCII' or something?

Regards,
Son

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Son Truong <svt at st-andrews.ac.uk>:
>
> > Am I correct in saying that Horde/IMP is trying to save and write
> > to the log file using a Japanese character - a character outside of
> > the character set that the underlying system doesn't understand?
>
> You are correct.
>
> > If this is so, how can fix this so that the translated characters are
> > translated back (or to something sensible) when performing
> > system specific tasks (such as writing files and logging)?
>
> This has been fixed already in CVS. You might want to give IMP 3.2-RC1 a try.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge