[imp] login names and preferences

Ken Winke ken at optimus.com
Thu Jun 19 10:48:58 PDT 2003

I'm running horde 2.21 with imp 3.2.1 on a qmail server, and am beginning to build this out for use with another domain.  As the second domain will have very few users, I'd been playing with having them just login in using their full email address, while the primary domain can use just the user name.

I noticed, though, that when users of the primary domain log in using the full email address, they're able to get all their mail, but their preferences are changed.  It's as if it was a brand new webmail account with no settings for filters, default identity, etc.

Is there a way to have this carry over regardless of how they login, or is there a better way to approach handling multiple domains?

...ken